This is a three day course which looks at the role of a GMB Workplace Organiser (WO) including Union Learning Reps, Shop Stewards and Safety Reps and examines your legal rights, in order for you to carry out your functions as a ULR in the workplace.
This course is mandatory for all GMB ULR’s and is also available to all other WO’s.
- Understand the role of a WO in organising training and education in the workplace.
- Develop GMB@Work in the workplace.
- Improve and update your communication skills.
- Develop an understanding of ESOL, literacy, numeracy and learning within the workplace and sector.
- Identify how to use training and learning as a recruitment and organising tool.
- Introduction to the role of the GMB WO.
- Providing frontline advice and guidance for your members.
- Identifying learning needs.
- Developing interviewing skills.
- The Trade Union approach to learning and skills.
- Finding contacts and information.