This is a ten day course split into two five day parts and will provide GMB Workplace Organisers (WO’s) with an understanding of health and safety issues in the workplace. This course is mandatory for all GMB WO’s including Shop Stewards and Safety Reps.
Once you have completed your GMB@Work and Inductions Part 1 & 2 courses the Education Department will automatically invite you to the next available Health & Safety Part 1 course in your area, followed by the Health & Safety Part 2.
- Develop your role as a Safety Rep.
- Develop your knowledge of health and safety legislation.
- Understand the legal responsibilities of Management.
- Improve health and safety plans.
- Develop a Trade Union approach to health and safety.
- Deal with health and safety issues in the workplace.
- Your legal rights and functions as a Safety Rep.
- A Trade Union approach to health and safety.
- Understanding health and safety law.
- Identifying hazards.
- How to handle members’ health and safety problems.
- Organising for health and safety.
- Preventing accidents and ill health.
- Develop the skills needed for your role as a Safety Rep.