This is a five day course which aims to develop an understanding of the equalities agenda and looks at how to deal with a broad range of equality issues in the workplace. This course is mandatory for all GMB WO’s including Shop Stewards, Safety Reps and Equality Reps.
- An understanding of equalities issues that affect diverse groups.
- A GMB approach to equalities.
- An understanding of the Equalities Act and how to use it.
- Understanding and handling different equalities issues that affects diverse groups.
- Organising for equality in the workplace and in wider society.
- The role of the Equality Reps and Branch Officers.
- Developing an understanding and analysis of the equalities agenda.
- Developing the role of the Equality Reps & Branch Officers.
- Reviewing issues and problems that affect diverse groups.
- Developing organising techniques.
- Understanding and using equalities law to build the GMB.
- Understanding direct and indirect discrimination in the workplace.
- Handling members’ equalities issues.
- Negotiating for equalities.