GMB is the largest trade union amongst school support staff including teaching assistants, HLTAs, cover…
GMB, the union for schools, are very clear about our position on the academisation of schools. We believe that schools should remain in the public sector for a number of reasons:
- To protect the terms and conditions of workers
- To maintain standards of education
- To ensure nobody is profiting from taxpayer money
- To keep learning and education as the main priority of schools
- To keep management pay reasonable and to avoid unnecessary tiers of management in the school system
- And many more
In accordance with our views, GMB are firmly against the proposed plans to turn Peacehaven Heights and Telscombe Cliffs Primary Schools into academies.
Please complete the below form if you agree, and add your name to our petition which will be presented to school management and the board of governors!