GMB Southern has members in every Local Authority in the region, from Dorset to Kent, from Oxfordshire…
GMB pay ballot covering all workers across local government, school & academies that follow National Joint Council (NJC) Green Book pay, terms and conditions across England, Wales and Northern Ireland is now open.
In GMB, only members have their say on pay and we now need you to take part in this important ballot and let us know if you are prepared to accept or reject the pay offer. The closing date for the ballot is Friday 21st October 2022 at 12noon.
GMB joint Local Government and Schools Committee representatives have discussed the pay offer and believe that this is the best that can be achieved through negotiation and without sustained industrial action.
2022/23 Local Government & Schools Pay offer is for one year and it is as follows:
- With effect from 1 April 2022, an increase of £1,925 on all NJC pay points 1 and above (FTE). This equates to 10.50% for SCP1 and no less than 4.04% for SCP43.
- With effect from 1 April 2022, an increase of 4.04% on all allowances (as listed in the 2021 NJC pay agreement circular dated 28 February 2022)
- With effect from 1 April 2023, an increase of one day to all employees’ annual leave entitlement
- With effect from 1 April 2023, the deletion of pay point 1 from the NJC pay spine
The employers have also agreed to joint discussions on the following:
- Term-time only review group
- Homeworking policies (but are not prepared to discuss a homeworking allowance).
- On Mileage Allowances, the LGA has agreed to make representation to the HMRC.
Please vote on whether you would like to accept or reject this pay offer below.
THIS BALLOT IS NOW CLOSED.